Eligibility for Admissions:
A Minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying degree examination for All Programmes.. See table below for programme wise eligibility.
Degree Programmes Input Qualification
Biotechnology Any integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with adequate preparation in Bio-chemistry and Microbiology.
Chemical; Civil; Computer Science; Mechanical Integrated first degree of BITS in the same discipline or its equivalent.
Communication Engineering Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation or its equivalent.
Design Engineering; Manufacturing Systems Engineering Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical or its equivalent or M.Sc. (Tech.) Engineering Technology of BITS or its equivalent with the requirement of taking certain additional courses.
Electrical with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation or its equivalent.
Embedded Systems Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science or its equivalent.
Microelectronics Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Physics or its equivalent.
Software Systems Any Integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with specific prior preparation.
M.Pharm. Integrated first degree of BITS in Pharmacy or its equivalent.
M.Pharm. (with specialization in Pharmacetical Chemistry/Pharmaceutics) Integrated first degree of BITS in Pharmacy or its equivalent.
M.Phil. (Chemistry) Integrated First Degree of BITS in M.Sc.(Hons.) Chemistry or its equivalent
For Ex: Students with B.E./B.Tech degree in IT area will be eligible only to apply for M.E. Software Systems and also may need somee specific prior preparation.
Last Date for submission of the completed form online is 5.00 P.M. 31st May 2011.
Instructions for Payment:
(1) The above are for a normal situation. Wherever a student's programme gets modified or his progress is delayed beyond the maximum permissible, such a student is advised to consult the appropriate authority before registration.
(2) The above prescribed semester fees is for students admitted in the academic year 2010-11. For these students, the semester fees will be increased in 2012-13 subject to a maximum of 20%.
(3) The fees and other charges are payable in advance in each semester/term on the notified dates before registration. No withdrawal from a course or courses will entitle a student for refund of fees.
(4) Students who go for Practice School II will be charged semester fees and the summer term fees because the practice school is longer than a semester and extends it to summer.
(5) Casual students will pay fees prescribed for regular students.
(6) Institute caution deposits are refundable only at the time of withdrawal from the Institute.
(7) If there are dues outstanding from a student, his grades will be withheld.
(8) Students who accumulate mess arrears would be required to pay a prescribed additional advance at the time of next registration.
(9) Payments can be made by demand drafts drawn in favour of Birla Institute of Technology & Science on UCO Bank, Vidya Vihar, Pilani/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, Pilani, SBI Pilani. Cheques will not be accepted.
(10) Refunds, if any, will be made through crossed cheques/Bank drafts
for more details : http://www.bitsadmission.com