Shikha Sharma: Health on her mind


Her revolutionary idea of healthy living, packaged in weight loss avatar has many a takers. Shikha Sharma has been a name to reckon with when you think of holistic health.

A graduate from Maulana Azad Medical College, she was working in the department of Cardiology as a junior resident in G.B. Pant Hospital when she felt she should work in preventive medicine. And that was the birth of “Clinique De Rejuvenation” in the year 1999, primarily aimed as a weight management clinic.

In the year 2003, Shikha’s Nutri-Health Systems Private Limited, New Delhi was added to create a vision for integrative and holistic wellness.

Shikha Sharma spoke to BS on being a woman entrepreneur and more. Excerpts:

How is it to be a woman entrepreneur?

As a woman I realised either the society had no or low expectations from you. That works out wonderfully because then you have the freedom to do something completely different.  I was 19-20 when I began driving and got myself a cell phone as early as 1995. Its important women look at things that can make their working easier and safer.

How are women entrepreneurs changing India?

I’d love to see more women entrepreneurs actually because firstly, they don’t have qualms on starting with little capitals, secondly they can begin from their homes and what works really well for women entrepreneurs in India is the simple fact that they have support from their families.

How do you balance home and work?

I’m not sure if I do it well. Because there are just two important things for me: work and family. So I usually refuse party invitations because I’d rather spend time with family than strangers.

What do you like doing when you are not working?

I quite enjoy reading. Particularly people like Swami Vivekananda who really motivates me.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post